Discovering Chinese is a set of textbooks specifically designed for beginner-intermediate level students, grades 6 through 12, who are learning Chinese in non-Chinese speaking communities and consists of Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, and Volume 4. View our Discovering Chinese Volume 1 Online Curriculum here. The online curriculum is available in both simplified and traditional Chinese. An interactive app optimized for the iPad is available here.
Volume 1 contains 12 lessons with the following features:
- A spiral-up, step-by-step approach that reinforces and builds upon material from previous lessons, and emphasizes speaking and comprehension.
- A comprehensive selection of characters and sentence patterns.
- Highly-relevant topics with daily, useful vocabulary, covering school, family, daily life, sports, etc.
- Vivid illustrations, detailed cultural and grammatical introductions.
1. Hello! 你好！
2. What Is Your Name? 你叫什麼名字？
3. How Old Are You? 你多大？
4. What Is Your Nationality? 你是哪國人？
5. I Go To Dahua High School 我去大華高中
6. I Love My Family 我愛我的家
7. Where Do You Live? 你住在哪裡？
8. What Date Is Today? 今天是幾月幾號？
9. What Day Is It Today? 今天是星期幾？
10. What Is in The Classroom? 教室裡有什麼？
11. I Like Fruits 我喜歡吃水果
12. What Do You Want To Eat? 你想吃什麼？