Discovering Chinese is a set of textbooks specifically designed for beginner-intermediate level students, grades 6 through 12, who are learning Chinese in non-Chinese speaking communities and consists of Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, and Volume 4. View our Discovering Chinese Volume 4 Online Curriculum here. The online curriculum is available in both simplified and traditional Chinese.
Volume 4 contains 12 lessons with the following features:
- A spiral-up, step-by-step approach that reinforces and builds upon material from previous lessons, and emphasizes speaking and comprehension.
- A comprehensive selection of characters and sentence patterns.
- Highly-relevant topics with daily, useful vocabulary, covering school, family, daily life, sports, etc.
- Vivid illustrations, detailed cultural and grammatical introductions.
37. Chinese Festivals 中國的節日
38. Shopping In The Store 在商店買東西
39. Grandpa's Birthday Party 爺爺的生日會
40. Four Seasons 一年有四季
41. I Am Sick 我病了
42. I Like My School 我喜歡我的學校
43. Sports Meet 運動會
44. My Community 我的社區
45. What Are Your Hobbies? 你有什麼愛好？
46. The Chinese Zodiac 十二生肖
47. My Vacation 我的假期
48. Getting To Know China 認識中國